Please be aware that as an organization we will be following the guidelines set out by the Department of Health regarding travel. These guidelines are for staff, people we support, and their families.
If you have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. If a person we support, or someone they live with, travels to any of the states listed on the Department of Health’s list found here, that individual will need to quarantine for 14 days upon return before resuming any in-person services of Excentia (day 1 being the day of return from travel, day 15 being the day services could resume). If a family member of a person living in an Excentia residential home travels to one of these states, that family member will need to quarantine for 14 days before they can visit the residential home.
If traveling to any of the listed states, we ask that you notify the appropriate supervisor, Associate Director, or Life Enrichment Services staff.
As we move into the green phase, we will continue to follow the CDC and state guidelines to keep both those we serve and our staff healthy and safe. In order to maintain safety standards, our opening will be taken in steps.
- Sanitizing and disinfecting the homes and high touch areas will continue to be completed on a frequent basis.
- All staff will continue to wear a mask when working in the home with individuals and staff.
- All staff will continue to be screened and temperature checked before allowed to work. In addition, they are required to follow a strict hand washing protocol.
- Visits can occur at the residential home. The following guidelines will be observed:
- Each visit needs to be scheduled with the Residential Supervisor with a minimum 3-day advance notice of the requested visit time. Only one visit will be scheduled at a time to allow other families to schedule visits with their loved ones at the home.
- Visits will occur outdoors, weather permitting.
- Only one family will be permitted at the home to visit their loved one at any given time. There is a maximum of 3 family members (not including your loved one).
- All family members will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing (6 feet) during their visit. All family members will need to complete the COVID-19 questionnaire and have their temperature checked. If a temperature is greater than 100.0 F of any family member and/or any of the family members were exposed to or are being tested for COVID-19, a visit will not occur.
- Visits with families away from the residential home will be determined and approved on an individual basis by the Residential Directors and Chief of Program Services, in conjunction with Excentia Human Services’ Nursing staff. When a visit is approved, you will be asked to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire regarding the family’s health no more than 24 hours before the visit. You will also be asked to complete a temperature check prior to taking your loved one. If the temperature of the family member is elevated (higher than 100.0 F), your loved one will not be allowed to visit. A mask will be required when picking up and dropping off your loved one. Requests for visits will go through the Residential House Supervisor, who will in turn provide it to the Directors for approval. Please provide ample notice (3 days minimum) for a visit.
Other Adult Services
- Community Participation Supports (formerly known as ADS and IU) remain closed until further notice. However, virtual programming is being offered.
- Supported Employment Services is working with employers who are still operating to understand what steps are being taken in the workplaces of those we support who are considered higher risk. Communication Services are being provided remotely.
- Behavior Supports and Home & Community Supports continue to operate.
Early Childhood Services
- Excentia Human Services’ preschools are now open. COVID-19 Preschool Policy
- Excentia Human Services’ Infant & Toddler Early Intervention program is closed, but tele-sessions are being conducted with individual families. If you are interested in Early Intervention services, please call 717-735-1547 for a free eligibility evaluation for your child (ages birth to three years old) in Lancaster County.
- Excentia Human Services’ offices at Rohrerstown Road and Prince Street remain closed.
- Flamingle: originally scheduled for April 24, 2020, then rescheduled for June 19, 2020 – CANCELED
- Carl J. Witmeyer Memorial Golf Tournament: scheduled for June 4, 2020 – CANCELED
- Autism Community Walk & Talk sessions are canceled until further notice.
As we have them, we will post any updates here and on our Facebook page. If you have any questions, please contact us at 717-519-6740 or email email@example.com.